Thursday, July 29, 2010
Recently
Recently, in this past week and a half, my boyfriend broke up with me. He came over on a Wednesday the 21st of July, dressed up and ready to go out to dinner with his family. His reason for breaking up with me was "we're just too different of people." I said the same exact phrase not but a week before he had, and before I could really finish the phrase he jumped in, very adamantly, saying he thought it could work; that he didn't want to give up on such a good thing like me. So, I sat there confused, angry, and heart broken as he said it's over. Before he left he asked me if I wanted a hug. I didn't respond right away. I sat there starting to drift off from this reality. He called my name and finally I answered, "I don't know". He then proceeded to stand up off the couch and walk towards me. He Lifted me up in his arms; one arm under the crooks of my knees and the other on my back. He pulled me close to him, my head rested near his neck and upper chest. He just held me. I didn't know what to think, I felt so overwhelmed and confused. I wanted to do so much more than just sit there, cradled, but I couldn't think.He started to move a little and so I got up off of him, and stood there awkwardly for a moment. As he started to leave, I walked quickly to my room, but as I heard the door slam behind me, I froze. I leaned on a wall in the hallway next the the front door. I slowly slid down the wall, and cried...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment