So, for the past three days I have been talking to my ex. He started by calling me saying that he was three moinutes away from where I lived and that he wanted to talk to me. Like the sap that I am, I went outside and waited. I sat in the back of my beat down maroon pick up truck nd gazed off into the stars. Five miutes or so passed before I saw his car pull up beside my neighbors house. He got out, and walked slowly towards me. (Its funny; the day he first asked me out was very much like this night: breezy, clear and warm.) When he was close enough to me, I started to make pleanty room for him to have a seat on the tail of my truck, but he went straight for instead, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. I didn't know what to do then, so I just let it happen. I was too suprised to really say no, but I was angry and sad, and happy that he did. I slowly moved my arms around his waist and greeted his hug with my own. We sat in the back of my truck for nealry an hour, just talking about everything that happened and more. Eventually he got to his point though. He wants me back. He says that he is an idiot for doing what he did to me, and that he regrets it. He loves me very much...
What kind of person would I be if i just let him walk right back into my life, after breaking my heart (again), and leaving me for my best friend? An idiot. Thats what I would be. I love him. And as much as I want him and I to be together again, I'm torn between wanting to just be with him, and forgettig him entirley. I mean, why should I have such strong feelings for him still? I shoud want to forget him, all of him and I, and move on. I should not still long for his warm embrace like the other night. I should hate him, and want to seek revenge. Then why don't I? Why should I still love him still? What should I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment